To contact us for additional information or to obtain a printable application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-697-1136. To apply on-line for any of the positions listed below, fill out our online application.
TVHS is proud to announce that we are a SMOKE FREE campus! For prospective employees, please be advised that staff may not smoke during any breaks including lunch periods.
May 22, 2015
• PRN PHARMACIST: PRN position; Responsible for assuring that all of the day to day activities for the provision of pharmaceutical care are carried out in full accordance with all Federal and State laws, rules and regulations. Assists the Director of Pharmacy in the input of orders, supervision and control of all activities of the Pharmacy Department in support of the goals and objectives of the facility and TVHS's mission and vision. Pharmacist experience preferred, but not required. Hospital experience preferred, not required. NE Registered Pharmacist License. Good working knowledge of a unit dose system, and IV admixture program as well as TPN and nutrition issues. Must possess good clinical abilities, which include proficiency in kinetics and medication dosing.
REGISTERED NURSE POSITION:
• MANOR RN: PT charge nurse position (every 3rd weekend and 1 NOC per week) available; Assesses, plans, and implements the nursing care of residents within the Manor. Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by CNA’s and supportive staff members. Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required. Excellent Shift Differential Pay!
• FLOAT POOL LPN: PRN position; Will float between Manor, Hospital and Clinics to meet scheduling needs between departments. Must be a motivated, self-managed individual. Current Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in the State of Nebraska is required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required.
NURSE AIDE/MED AIDE POSITIONS:
• MANOR C.N.A. or MEDICATION AIDE: PT day, FT night positions; Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of an RN or LPN. Assists residents with personal care and comfort. Current Certification as a Nurse Aide with the State of NE or successful completion of the required 75-hour Nurse Aide class within 120 days of employment.
• ASSISTED LIVING MEDICATION AIDE: PRN position; Under specific instructions, administers routine resident care and medications as specified according to the Assisted Living policy and procedures under the direct supervision of the Licensed Professional Nurse. Perform duties such as bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. Must be certified as a Medication Aide-40 hour in the State of NE is required.
• FLOAT POOL NURSE AIDE: PRN position; Will float between Manor, Hospital and Clinics to meet scheduling needs between departments. Must be a motivated, self-managed individual. Current Certification as a Nurse Aide with the State of NE or successful completion of the required 75-hour Nurse Aide class within 120 days of employment.
• RESPIRATORY THERAPIST: PRN position; Provides direct patient care to newborn through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the patients’ needs. Responsible for reviewing and complying with all physicians’ orders for administering and observing respiratory therapy assessments and diagnostic testing. Current Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure in the State of Nebraska, current BLS, ACLS, and NRP required.
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST POSITION:
• CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST: FT position; Performs a variety of duties in an operating room to assist the surgical team before, during and after surgical intervention including arranging sterile set up for operation, acting as scrub or circulating assistant and assisting in clean up after the surgery. Assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patients, assists in maintenance and care of specimens and prepares for laboratory analysis, provides appropriate instrumentation, suture and all supplies as requested and provides and maintains a sterile environment.
HOSPITAL CLERICAL POSITION:
• HOSPITAL UNIT SECRETARY: FT position; Provides indirect patient care activities under the direction of an RN or LPN. Performs clerical duties within the Medical/Surgical Department such as answering telephone calls, transcribing orders and maintaining patient records to relieve medical and nursing staff.
• HOSPITALITY SERVICE DIRECTOR: FT position; Runs the day-to-day operations of Nutrition Services and Environmental Services, including overseeing personnel, ensuring cleanliness of the facilities, taking steps to ensure patient/resident satisfaction and overseeing the upkeep of administrative and financial records for the department. Responsible for hiring, training and ensuring proper scheduling of employees. Ensures that food quality and facility cleanliness meets regulations. Responsible for overseeing event planning including catering and set up and tear down activities. Bachelor's degree preferred; or one to two (1-2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in leadership and management of employees, customer service, and industrial cleaning or food service required.
NUTRITION SERVICES POSITIONS:
• NUTRITION SERVICES ASSISTANT : PT Hospital & Plaza positions; Prepares portions and serves all food for patients, residents, and/or staff. Determines amounts to prepare and directs dietary assistants as needed. Responsible for keeping work area clean and sanitary. Great position for students!
• NUTRITION SERVICES COOK: PT Plaza position; Prepares portions and serves all food for residents. Determines amounts to prepare and directs dietary assistants as needed. Responsible for keeping work area clean and sanitary.
• ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES ASSISTANT: PT position; Maintains and preserves a clean and safe environment in all facilities along with aiding in infection control by utilizing proper cleaning techniques. Previous institutional cleaning experience preferred, but will train the right person.