To contact us for additional information or to obtain a printable application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-697-1136. To apply on-line for any of the positions listed below, fill out our online application.
TVHS is proud to announce that we are a SMOKE FREE campus! For prospective employees, please be advised that staff may not smoke during any breaks including lunch periods.
October 20, 2014
• PRN PHARMACIST: PRN position; Responsible for assuring that all of the day to day activities for the provision of pharmaceutical care are carried out in full accordance with all Federal and State laws, rules and regulations. Assists the Director of Pharmacy in the input of orders, supervision and control of all activities of the Pharmacy Department in support of the goals and objectives of the facility and TVHS's mission and vision. Pharmacist experience preferred, but not required. Hospital experience preferred, not required. NE Registered Pharmacist License. Good working knowledge of a unit dose system, and IV admixture program as well as TPN and nutrition issues. Must possess good clinical abilities, which include proficiency in kinetics and medication dosing.
• RESPIRATORY THERAPIST: FT position; Provides direct patient care to newborn through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the patients’ needs. Responsible for reviewing and complying with all physicians’ orders for administering and observing respiratory therapy assessments and diagnostic testing. Current Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure in the State of Nebraska, current BLS, ACLS, and NRP required.
• IMAGING TECHNOLOGIST: PT position; Responsible for on-call rotation which would include weekends and holidays. Take x-rays and CT scans or administer nonradioactive materials into patient's blood stream for diagnostic purposes. Includes technologists who specialize in other scanning modalities. High School graduate with credentials from an accredited school for Radiologic Technology. Current Medical Radiographer licensure in the State of Nebraska required.
REGISTERED NURSE POSITIONS:
• MANOR RN: PT night charge nurse position (every 3rd weekend and 1 NOC per week) available; Assesses, plans, and implements the nursing care of residents within the Manor. Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by CNA’s and supportive staff members. Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required.
• HOSPITAL RN: (2) PT & PRN positions; Responsible for the treatment and care of assigned patients in accordance with providers’ orders. Provides for the comfort and well-being of patients by assessing condition, providing treatments and administering prescribed drugs and documenting progress and other observations. Coordinates nursing care for patients and participates in patient and family teaching. Provides care to patients in an emergency room setting by assessing the patient’s condition quickly in an often high pressure situation. Provides direct patient care in the maternity and newborn care setting. Advises patient on home care and necessary follow up care. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. In a charge role, assesses needs and priorities of patients and makes appropriate patient assignments to ensure a high level of care. Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required.
• CLINIC LPN: PRN clinic/specialty clinic position; Nurses float throughout all three rural health clinics in Arapahoe, Cambridge and Indianola as needed. Responsible for the patient flow for the assigned provider through telephone response, triage and appointment scheduling, exam and procedure assistance, patient education, patient recall and direct communication with the provider. Current Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in the State of Nebraska is required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required.
• FLOAT POOL LPN: PRN position; Will float between Manor, Hospital and Clinics to meet scheduling needs between departments. Must be a motivated, self-managed individual. Current Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in the State of Nebraska is required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required.
MEDICAL SCRIBE POSITION:
• MEDICAL SCRIBE: FT position; Assists provider by capturing accurate and detailed documentation (handwritten, electronic, or otherwise) of the encounter in a timely manner. Accompanies the provider into the exam room and enters information in real time, using an individually assigned security rights to access the EHR, 1-2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting required, Knowledge of medical terminology and technical spelling, Basic anatomy, Basic coding, and HIPAA compliance required, Training in an approved CIM training program preferred.
NURSE AIDE/MED AIDE POSITIONS:
• MANOR C.N.A. or MEDICATION AIDE: FT day position; Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of an RN or LPN. Assists residents with personal care and comfort. Current Certification as a Nurse Aide with the State of NE or successful completion of the required 75-hour Nurse Aide class within 120 days of employment.
• ASSISTED LIVING MEDICATION AIDE: PRN position; Under specific instructions, administers routine resident care and medications as specified according to the Assisted Living policy and procedures under the direct supervision of the Licensed Professional Nurse. Perform duties such as bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. Must be certified as a Medication Aide-40 hour in the State of NE is required.
• HOSPITAL C.N.A.: PRN position; Performs custodial tasks and assists with nursing duties in caring for patients, including psychiatric and rehabilitative patients. Under the supervision of an LPN or RN, performs direct and indirect patient care activities according to established policies and procedures, observes and reports changes in patient conditions and maintains a safe and clean patient and environment. Current Certification as a Nurse Aide with the State of NE or successful completion of the required 75-hour Nurse Aide class within 120 days of employment.
• FLOAT POOL NURSE AIDE: PRN position; Will float between Manor, Hospital and Clinics to meet scheduling needs between departments. Must be a motivated, self-managed individual. Current Certification as a Nurse Aide with the State of NE or successful completion of the required 75-hour Nurse Aide class within 120 days of employment.
• CLINIC OFFICE ASSISTANT/SPECIALTY CLINIC SCHEDULER: FT position; Greets all patients arriving at the Clinic and ensures paperwork is complete. Responsible for organizing the filing and routing of appropriate paperwork and orders. Performs other general office duties for clinic. Help at specialty clinic when busy with specialists. May need to room patients for both clinics also.
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST POSITION:
• CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST: PRN position; Assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. Current Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in the State of Nebraska and/or a certified Scrub Technician.
• NUTRITION SERVICES COOK: PT Plaza position; Prepares portions and serves all food for residents. Determines amounts to prepare and directs dietary assistants as needed. Responsible for keeping work area clean and sanitary.
• NUTRITION SERVICES ASSISTANT COOK: PT Hospital position; Prepares portions and serves all food for patients, residents, and/or staff. Determines amounts to prepare and directs dietary assistants as needed. Responsible for keeping work area clean and sanitary.
• ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES ASSISTANT: PT position; Maintains and preserves a clean and safe environment in all facilities along with aiding in infection control by utilizing proper cleaning techniques. Previous institutional cleaning experience preferred, but will train the right person.