About Tri Valley Health System
Serving Southwest Nebraska and Northwest Kansas
What is now known as Tri Valley Health System began over 50 years ago with the opening of Cambridge Memorial Hospital in 1958. With the assistance from a Hill-Burton grant, a fund drive by area residents, and a bequest from John Decker, the dream of creating a hospital to service Furnas County and the surrounding area was realized.
The hospital quickly grew and expanded with medical clinics throughout Furnas County and eastern Red Willow County. In the early 1990's, the health network again expanded services to include senior care and housing and became Tri Valley Health System. In the years since, Tri Valley Health System has been recognized by the Wall Street Journal as a model for integration of services and also added Tri Valley Diagnostic Sleep Center.
On October 3, 2010, Tri Valley Health System celebrated yet another expansion with the grand opening of a new state-of-the-art facility to house Cambridge Memorial Hospital and Cambridge Medical Clinic. This new facility maintained a connection to Cambridge Manor Nursing Home as well as to the original hospital complex which was renovated in March 2011 to create Tri Valley Healthy Living Center. This space is dedicated to healthy living and disease prevention with amenities such as the Wellness and Rehab Center, Cornerstone dining area, Nutrition and Diabetic services, and education rooms. Tri Valley Healthy Living Center also allowed for a new location for the Tri Valley Diagnostic Sleep Center.
An array of high-quality services
What sets Tri Valley Health System apart among rural healthcare providers is the integrated services with a wide range of high-quality care and advanced technology. Among Tri Valley’s many offerings are:
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital: A licensed, 20-bed critical access hospital.
- Satellite Medical Clinics: Personal medical service in Arapahoe, Cambridge and Indianola.
- Tri Valley Wellness and Rehab Center: An indoor fitness facility with equipment and programs for all fitness levels.
- Tri Valley Nutrition and Diabetic Services: Education, support groups, and plans to aid in weight management, overall nutrition, and diabetic prevention or management.
- Tri Valley Diagnostic Sleep Center: No need to leave town to diagnose sleep apnea and other problems.
- Cambridge Manor: A licensed, 36-bed long-term care facility.
- Heritage Plaza: A pleasant, spacious center for retirement living.
- Assisted Living Facility: A caring center with a personal touch.
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital Auxiliary: Friends in need, friends indeed during times of hospitalization.
- Cambridge Care Call: A two-way personal response link to life-saving medical services.